Are you in search of the best fully automatic washing machine? Then, you have come to the right place.
Before going further, you should first understand that there are actually two types of automatic washing machines in India:
Both the models have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. However, let us see the basic difference between the two types in a nutshell [see Full Differences].
|Top Load Washers||Front Load Washers|
|Load Clothes from the Top||Load Clothes from the Front|
|Add/Remove Clothes Anytime||No Last Minute Additions|
|A Bit Harsh on Clothes||Very Gentle on Clothes|
|Requires More Water||Uses Only 1/3rd Water|
|Less Washing Capacity||Higher Washing Capacity|
|Consumes More Power||Energy Efficient|
|Makes Some Noise||Less Noisy|
|Affordable (Rs.10000 to Rs.30000)||Expensive (Rs.15000 to Rs.50000)|
|Washing Machine Brands||Model/Type||Capacity||Expert Reviews|
|1.Samsung WA10M5120SG/TL||Top Load||10 Kg||Best Top Load Washing Machine in India|
|2.LG T80SJFS1Z (Inverter)||Top Load||8 Kg||Best Inverter Washing Machine (Top Load)|
|3.Bosch WOE654Y0IN||Top Load||6.5 Kg||Budget Friendly Top Loader (under 15K)|
|4.Whirlpool WhiteMagic Elite||Top Load||7 Kg||Feature Rich Top Load Washer|
|5.Panasonic NA-F60LF1HRB||Top Load||6 Kg||Most Affordable Top Loading Washing Machine|
|6.IFB Diva Aqua SX||Front Load||6 Kg||Best Front Loading Washing Machine in India|
|7.Bosch WAB16060IN||Front Load||6 Kg||Budget Friendly Front Loader (under 20K)|
|8.LG FHM1006ADW (Inverter)||Front Load||6 Kg||Feature-Rich Front Load Washer|
|9.Samsung WW80J4243MW (Inverter)||Front Load||8 Kg||Amazing Build & Customer Support|
1. Samsung Top Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine – 10 Kg
They are mainly popular because of their good customer support and superb build quality.
This is one of the best fully automatic top load washing machines under 25000 price bracket.
The machine comes with a spin speed of up to 700 rpm and load capacity of up to 10 kg.
The device comes with Wobble Technology and Double Storm Pulsator, both help clean the clothes with utmost care.
The diamond drum inside the washing machine is made of stainless steel material, which is rust free and long lasting.
2. LG Inverter Fully Auto Top Loading Washing Machine – 8 Kg
If you’re looking for the best automatic top load washer with Inverter for around 25000, then this LG washing machine is just for you.
The device comes with Smart Inverter technology that helps consume less power and with 5 Star rating, this is undoubtedly the best deal.
You get a stainless steel drum with a capacity of 8 Kg, which is suitable for medium to large families.
The LG’s TurboDrum is an amazing feature that cleans the dirtiest stains/dirt from your clothes with ease.
The Jet Spray+ helps save up to 70 liters of water by using powerful water spray to remove any dirt or excess detergent.
And, thanks to Smart Closing Door option, you don’t have to bang the door physically. It closes automatically.
Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
3. Bosch Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – 6.5 Kg
This is one of the best branded top load washing machine under 15000 from Bosch, which is known for its superior built quality and innovative designs.
The machine comes with 6.5 Kg load capacity that is ideal for a family of 3 to 4 members.
With 680 rpm spin cycles, you can expect the clothes to dry much faster.
There is a Dual Dispenser system that can handle both liquid and powder detergents as and when needed.
The washing machine comes with an intelligent PowerWave Wash System that helps clean the toughest stains with ease.
There is also the Magic Filter inside the drum that automatically catches all the lint and small threads from the clothes.
It also makes very less noise while running (49 dB), compared to the other models in the same price segment.
Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
4. Whirlpool Fully-Automatic Top Loader Washing Machine – 7 kg
Whirlpool is one of the best home appliance brands in India that is most popular for their Refrigerators and Washing Machines.
This top load washer comes with 7 Kg capacity steel-spa drum that runs at a speed of 740 rpm.
There are around 12 auto wash programs like Eco Wash, Stainwash, Bedsheets, Dry Only, Wash Only, Aqua Store, Daily, Heavy, Whites, Woolens, Delicate and Rinse + Dry.
Thanks to the Power Scrub Technology and 3D Scrub pads, the clothes get cleaned off any stubborn stains without damaging the fabric.
The Whirlpool Spa Wash System helps minimize the tangling or twisting of clothes by up to 40%.
It also comes with Hard Water wash treatment so that your clothes don’t lose their texture or color.
There is also a Smart Lint filter and the Smart Detergent feature recommends the dosage based on the load, which is very beneficial.
The 6th Sense 123 technology automatically senses the load and adjusts the time and temperature accordingly. This helps save up to 30% more power.
You can also wash your favorite Sarees in the washing machine by selecting the Silk or Cotton wash programs.
Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
5. Panasonic Top Loading Fully Automatic Washing Machine – 6 Kg
If you’re looking for the budget friendly or most affordable automatic top load washing machine, then you should definitely check this out.
The Panasonic 5 star washing machine comes with a stacking capacity of 6 kg and 680 rpm, which is suitable for 3 to 4 member family.
You get it at a stealer price of around 12000 to 15000, depending on the features.
But, don’t underestimate its power as it comes with many advanced features like Aquabeat Wash, Water Magic Flow, Magic Filter and Auto Restart option.
It has a stainless steel drum that is rust proof and also comes with a highly durable metal body.
The Super Smart washing machine is able to calculate the load, soak the clothes and dries them with the click of a button.
There are also 8 wash programs that provide ultimate washing experience.
Warranty: 2 years on product, 10 years on motor
1. IFB Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
IFB is undoubtedly the #1 brand when it comes to best fully automatic front load washing machines in India. They’re well known for their quality and premium features.
They come in different capacities starting from 6 kg to 8 kg.
This is a 5 Star rated front load washer suitable for medium to large family.
There are 8 wash programs like Cradle Wash, Woolens, Cotton, CottonEco, Quick Wash, Mixed Fabrics, Drain + Spin and Additives/Rinse.
The other notable features of the IFB front-loader machine are 2D wash system, Crescent Moon drum, Tub clean mechanism, Child lock and Hot wash option.
The spin cycle ranges from 800 RPM to 1400 RPM and 6 Kgs to 8 Kgs load capacity, depending on the model.
The IFB washing machine comes with Ball Valve Technology, which prevents the detergent from flushing out along with the water.
Unlike the other front-loaders, you have the ‘Laundry Add Option‘ that lets you pause the cycle, open the door and insert additional clothes.
Warranty: 4 Year Comprehensive Super Warranty + 10 Years on Spare Parts Support
Free Installation: Yes; Contact IFB Customer Care @ 18602085678
Price: Starts from Rs.20000 and goes up to Rs.30000, depending on the features and BEE ratings.
2. Bosch Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
Bosch is another popular brand that is leading its way into the top consumer electronics industry with unique features.
It is one of the best front load washing machines under 20000 in India.
The machine comes with spin cycles of up to 800 rpm, which means the drying time is less.
It is both water & energy efficient and comes with in-built heater for hot water washing.
The load capacity is around 6 kgs, which is ideal for medium family.
The noise levels are kept to minimum (54 dB).
The ExpressWash feature lets you finish the laundry in just 60 minutes (from washing to drying).
Thanks to the VarioPerfect feature, the energy consumption is reduced by 20% while the cleaning time is reduced by 65%.
The dual-sided VarioDrum system protects your delicate clothes by handling them gently.
If you want to clean up lightly-soiled clothes in less time, you can use the Super 15/30 program.
And, like the IFB model, you can use the Reload Program to add/remove the clothes in between the cycle.
Warranty: 2 years on product and 10 years on motor. Contact Bosch Care @ 080-675-21111.
3. LG Inverter Full Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
This is one of the best energy efficient front load washing machines with 5 star BEE rating.
The Inverter direct drive motor helps reduce the power consumption to minimum and can save you in terms of electricity bills in the long run.
The LG washing machine comes with a load capacity of 6 Kgs, which is ideal for small to medium family.
There are nearly 10 automatic washing programs to assist you in easy wash, which include Skin Care, Wool, Easy Care, Baby Care, Cotton, Cotton Eco, Quick 30, Sports Wear, Delicate and Duvet.
The device has spin cycles up to a speed of 1000 RPM, which helps in faster drying of the clothes.
Thanks to the 6 Motion Control Technology, the drum rotates in multiple directly, thus taking gentle care of your fabric while washing the clothes clean.
You can also connect the washing machine to your mobile using the SmartThinQ app to automatically diagnose any errors with your device.
There is also a in-built water heater that helps eliminate stains and even the allergens.
The Auto Restart option helps resume your washing cycle from where it has ended before the power failure.
Warranty: 2 years on the product and 10 years on motor
4. Samsung Inverter Front Load Fully Auto Washing Machine
This is one of the best Inverter front-load washers with amazing build quality and good after-sales support.
The Samsung fully automatic washing machine comes with 8Kg capacity and is suitable for medium to large families.
The device comes with a spin speed of up to 1200 rpm, which means faster drying time.
Thanks to the Eco Bubble Technology with diamond drum, your clothes will be handled with utmost care so that you don’t have to worry about their longevity.
The machine comes with Ceramic heater that prevents scaling due to hard water.
There is also the Smart Check feature that let you connect the washing machine to your Smartphone for easy diagnosis.
The Eco Drum Clean is a feature that cleans your front load washer fresh using Eco friendly chemicals and even notifies you when it needs a thorough cleaning.
This washing machine is definitely one of the best under 30k price segment.
Warranty: 2 years on product; 10 years on motor
When you search for the best fully auto washing machines online, you can find a lot of products that boast about their features.
However, only a few products are worth your money.
In this article, we’ll be discussing about the factors you need to consider before purchasing a fully automatic washing machine in India.
The fully automatic washers are available in two models – top load and front load.
While the top load washers are very popular due to their less price, the front loading washers have a ton of advantages and hence the higher price.
Let us now see the major pros and cons of both the fully auto washing machines.
Benefits of Front Loading Washing Machines:
- They utilize less electricity, water and detergents when compared with top-load ones.
- They come in larger capacities compared to the top-loading machines and hence you’ll have more space inside to fit more clothes in bulk.
- There won’t be any agitators or impellers in the wash tub and hence the internal space can be well utilized for washing.
- These machines do not cause tangling of clothes as they come with tumbling action and not spinning action like in the top-loading machines.
- They are excellent when it comes to the performance and fabric care.
- Lastly, they look more attractive with the glass doors on the front side with chrome accents.
Drawbacks of Front-Loader Washing Machines:
Just like any product, they too have some disadvantages. Here are some of those demerits.
- They occupy more space since these machines are larger.
- As the loading space is fitted on the front mid section, it might be difficult for older people to frequently bend while loading & unloading activity.
- The wash tubs easily get accumulated with molds, mildew and hence it’ll need regular cleaning and maintenance or else you’ll have to face foul smell.
- If you want to increase the machines height using the base, then remember that the bases for front-load machines are expensive.
- When not in use, you’ll need to leave the front-door open to avoid any formation of mildew or molds.
Benefits of Top Load Washing Machines:
- Since the loader is provided on the top, you’ll be able to add or remove the clothes in between the washing cycles.
- These are less expensive and hence more popular in India.
- Good for those with back pain issues as you don’t have to bend over to load or pick up the clothes repetitively.
- They usually come with medium to large capacities.
- Unlike the front loaders, the mold growth problem is very less.
Drawbacks of Top Loading Washing Machines:
- Consumes more power & water compared to the front loaders.
- They are noisy at times.
- They tend to reduce the lifespan of your clothes.
After considering the pros and cons of both the models, you can choose the type of washing machine that suits your requirements.
Choose the Drum Size or Washing Capacity
After the type of washing machine, the next important thing you should consider is its washing capacity or size.
It is usually measured in KG’s, which implies how many kilograms of clothes does it handle in a single wash cycle.
If you’re confused on what size to choose from, here is a simple thumb rule to follow.
|Family Size||Drum Size|
|Small Family (2 to 3 Members)||4 Kg|
|Medium Family (3 to 4 Members)||6 to 8 Kg|
|Large Family (>5 Members)||9 to 12 Kg|
Number of Wash Programs Available
Most of the popular washing machine brands like IFB, Bosch, Samsung, Whirlpool, LG do provide their own set of wash programs or technologies that tackle the type of fabric accordingly.
You should select the wash program based on the fabric type (cotton, silk, wool etc..), and whether it is light washing or heavy washing.
These automatic programs will help the machine to deal with your clothes gently so that their life span is not reduced.
As a thumb rule, choose the washing machine model that comes with more number of washing settings, especially the ones like Child wash, Eco wash, Easy care, Intense wash etc…
This is self-explanatory. The faster the spin speed, the faster the clothes will dry.
Select the machines with 1000 to 1200 rpm.
Durable Drum/Tub Material
When it comes to tub material, Stainless Steel is considered very durable but it is only available in the premium washing machine models.
If you’re on a tight budget, you can go with the Plastic tub, which is also durable and long lasting.
But, try to stay away from Porcelain-coated tubs as they can chip sooner or later.
If you don’t know already, hot or lukewarm water tends to clean the clothes better than the cold or normal water.
The hot water also helps remove any bacteria present on your clothing.
Most of the latest washing machines do come with a built-in heater, which could actually improve the total cost of the device.
Does it Come with Hard Water Softener?
Hard water is one of the biggest problems in many Indian households, especially when it comes to washing the clothes.
Hard water is said to damage the clothes and also the machine’s capacity due to the formation of residue (white layers).
So, it is highly important to select the washing machine with hard water softener mechanism that turns the hard water into soft water automatically.
Choose the Energy Efficient Washing Machine
Since the washing machines are large appliances, they consume more power and can give you a shock when the power bill arrives at your doorstep.
Though it could cost a little more, always go for a washing machine with higher BEE star ratings as it could save you a lot in the long run.
Choose the One with Less Maintenance
Most of the modern washing machines come with automatic cleaning modes, which could save you a lot of time in cleaning and maintenance of the machine.
However, if you could spend a few extra bucks on the AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges), you’ll get the maintenance done by the authorized technicians periodically so that its lifespan is enhanced further.
Washing Machine Technologies [Glossary]
There are many technologies and programs used in a washing machine that help improve the efficiency of the washing mechanism. Let us see a few popular technologies.
- Air Bubble Wash: The machine makes use of millions of air bubbles which dwell deep into the fabric to clear the stubborn dirt out of your clothes.
- Aqua Energy Technology: There is a built-in device that energises the water and dissolves the detergent efficiently in order to give your clothes as softer wash.
- 3D Wash System: Thoroughly soak and wash your clothes using the dynamic water system.
- Crescent Moon Drum: It grooves on the drum surface to create a gentle water cushion, thus preventing any harm to your fabric.
- Foam Control System: Whenever there is a foam formation, the machine senses it and activates a dilution system to prevent excess foam.
- Ball Valve Technology: It prevents wastage of water by flushing only the water out while keeping the detergent in.
- Rat Mesh: It prevents any entry of rats or mouse into the machine.
- Tub Clean: Makes the wash tub clean after every use for longevity of the machine.
- High/Low Voltage Protection: Whenever there are any power fluctuations below safe levels, the machine automatically pauses the work and resumes when the power stabilize.
- Active Water: This feature determines the right amount of water required based on the amount of load you put in.
- Anti-Vibration: Thanks to the unique design, the machine does not shake even while spinning. So, it works without any noise.
- Eco+: Saves your electricity bill as it consumes less power.
- Vario Drum: A breakthrough wave-droplet design that offers gentle cleaning results for fine textiles.
- Speed+: Thorough wash cycles up to 1 hour with pristine cleaning results.
- Self-Cleaning: To ensure better hygiene, these machines come with a high degree self-cleaning mechanism.
- Monsoon Program: For quicker drying of clothes in the monsoon season, you can select this program.
- Super 15’/30’ Program: Select this option to wash up to 2 kgs of clothes in just 15 to 30 minutes of time. Very useful when in a hurry.
- Time Delay Function: You can set the machine to delay the wash cycle function between 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Reload Option: This feature lets you open the front door early in the cycle if you want to either add or remove the clothes from the machine.
- AllergyPlus: This ECARF-certified washer program is safe for allergy sufferers.
- Smart Diagnosis: Don’t call a technician. Just use the smart diagnosis feature to find any malfunction in the machine.
- Control Using WiFi: You can operate the washing machine using your smartphone over the WiFi connection.
- Inverter Technology: It helps the device to run at optimum speeds even when there is a difference in the load capacity, thus reduces your consumption of electricity.
- Direct Drive Technology: It eliminates the requirement for the use of moving parts like belts and gears, thus limits the vibrations and noise.
Well, these are the most important factors your should consider while buying a fully automatic washing machine in India. The process is same, whether it is a top load or a front load washer.
What are the Best Washing Machine Brands in India?
The Top 5 Washing Machine Brands in India are:
The other notable brands include Haier, Godrej, Voltas, Panasonic, Onida etc…
Difference between Conventional and Inverter washing machine?
In a conventional washing machine, the motor runs at a set speed level despite the load capacity. Whereas, in an Inverter washing machine, the motor runs at an optimal speed based on the load capacity, thus it saves a lot of power and is considered energy efficient.
Difference between Front load and Top load? Which is best?
While the front loading washing machine is water and energy efficient, the top loader is inexpensive and fast. Both have their own set of pros and cons.
Difference between Semi-automatic and Fully-automatic washing machine? Which is better?
In a fully automatic washing machine, you just have to put all your clothes inside the tub and press the ‘Start’ button. The machine takes care of everything from washing to drying without your intervention.
Whereas, in a semi-automatic washing machine, you’ll have to manually take out the wet clothes and put them in the drying tub to finish the process.
How long does a a fully automatic washing machine last?
On a average, a fully automatic washing machine lasts for about 10 to 11 years, depending on the frequency of usage and maintenance.
How many clothes is 1 kg?
If you’re talking about men’s clothing, then 1 kg = 1 pair of pants or 4 regular T-shirts.
And, when it comes to woman’s clothing, 1 kg = 6 regular T-shirts or a 1 pair of jeans.
Note: Men’s denim jeans usually weigh around 1.5 to 2 kgs.
Can you wash blankets in a washing machine?
Of-course, Yes! But, remember that your washing machine should have a loading capacity of minimum 5 kgs or more to wash the blankets.
What spin cycle is good for washing machine?
The spin cycle of a washing machine is measured in RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).
300 to 500 rpm spin cycle is good for delicate clothing, whereas the 1000 rpm is needed to wash thicker clothing items like jeans.
Washing Machines have become a necessary home appliance and considered cost-effective as you don’t have to shell out on regular Dhobi charges, especially if you’re a large family.
It is a one-time investment and can save you a lot in the long run.
We’ve actually reviews nearly 25 washing machines in the market and have come up with the Top 10 Fully Automatic Washing Machines in India that are worth your money.
You can either choose the Front Loading Washer or the Top Load Washer, depending on your requirements and budget.
Our personal preference would be the IFB Front Load Washing Machine (8Kg) as it is definitely worth your investment.
In case if you have any doubts regarding these washing machines or confused about which model to choose from, please feel free to ask us in the comments section below and we’d love to answer them.